She seeks wool and flax, and works willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31:13

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring Craft Sale Finds


My oldest son has had cancer and is mentally impaired. He attends a special school that teaches daily living skills as well as some vocational training.  Today was the school's spring craft sale, where they sell crafts, foods, and plants made or grown by the students. Proceeds from the sale go back into the program. These young folks put their whole selves into everything they do, so I was happy to go and support them. Everything is so much harder for them, yet they never give up. They are so inspiring! And I got some great stuff! A lovely little sage plant which they grew in their greenhouse, a hand-painted garden marker, and some pretty tile coasters. I also got a delicious vegetarian quiche, which I posted about on my other blog.

Here's a better shot of the adorable coasters:


I have also picked out my summer project, it is going to be for a cause,  details to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Great buys for a great cause !

    Wish I could have gone with you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been so fun to have you with me;)

    ReplyDelete