She seeks wool and flax, and works willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31:13

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Memory Pillow


     One of the small projects I've managed to squeeze in this week is a gift; a memory pillow for the hub's aunt. Her hubby died a few years ago and she still misses him terribly.  I found this idea online somewhere while surfing. It was perfect since my hubby still had an old shirt that belonged to his uncle in the closet. I used it to make this pillow, using the snaps on the shirt front as the closure on the back to insert the pillow. Easy peasy, no zipper to insert!


I just cut out a square 2" bigger than my pillow form (pillow form was 14", so I cut a 16" square from the shirt front and back). I wanted a loose fit. If you want a snug fit, just cut 1" bigger than your pillow form. The front has a photo I printed onto computer photo fabric, then I added borders and then appliqued it to the pillow along with the heart. The pillow front could also be pieced if desired, but I'm not that good with skinny stripes and plaid, so I just appliqued it ;) Then I sewed it all the way around with right sides together, unsnapped the snaps , turned it right side out, and inserted the pillow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Janet, what a dear gift !
    If that was my situation, I would have that pillow on my bed, with the shirt-front facing outward all the time....it's as if he's lying there, talking to you as you go about your day. Then you have the photo to gaze on........so nice !

    ReplyDelete