She seeks wool and flax, and works willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31:13

Friday, January 7, 2011

Quilt Basted


     Here's Sarah's quilt, all basted, my 15-year-old quilt inspector giving it the once over. I made it with  7 "pretty pansy" charm packs from Connecting Threads (thanks for the heads up on their sale, Dolly!),  along with a few fabrics from my stash.  I used the 10 minute block pattern and flipped the edges back so it resembles the cathedral windows pattern.

Here's the directions on a  YouTube video:


I've finished machine quilting it, all that's left is to finish up the binding and that should be done today. It goes perfectly in her room and she can't wait till it's hers!

2 comments:

  1. That is so totally cool, Janet !
    I'm so tickled that you got to quench your quilting hunger and make something right away with the CT charms ! Yay !

    I am so tickled that you shared the video, too.

    For 5 inch charm squares , does it work exactly the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed you Dolly, but in case someone else had the same question I'll answer here. Yes, for 5" charms the block works exactly the same way, it just finishes to a smaller size, which I like better. You can use any size squares you prefer.

    ReplyDelete