She seeks wool and flax, and works willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31:13

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quick Weekend Bag


     I needed a bag with some pockets for school and while I have a large reuseable bag collection, as I mentioned once on my other blog, none of them had pockets. I never leave home without either my water or my reuseable drink bottle filled with herbal tea, and my water bottle leaked onto one of my school books when I didn't realize the cap wasn't all the way tightened.

    I solved that problem by using some leftover blocks from the turquoise quilt in my header and some fabric from my stash. I quickly put this bag together on the weekend and it has a bottle pocket for my water or tea, a pocket for my pens, pencils, highlighter, and flash drive. I squared off the bottom and lined it, it stands up perfectly and now I'm set for school. 
 Here's the other side-

I am trying to keep little projects going as often as possible, I feel so much better when I do something creative!

2 comments:

  1. Alright ! Way to use the leftover blocks ! I thought I recognized them from somewhere !

    Did you do a little free-motion quilting there too?

    Keep your hand in......looking good !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooooh!! wonderful bag--those colors are just fantastic and always nice to use leftovers. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete